Our students come from all walks of life, and we want our staffing body to be reflective of the communities we work within. Brooke Weston Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, culture, age, disability, marital status or socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage and welcome applications from minority groups and foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where people can be themselves.
Job Title: Mid-day Supervisor
Location: Beanfield Primary School
Salary: BWT Grade 2, point 4. FTE salary- £19,447, pro rata- £4,398
Hours per week / Weeks per year: 10 hours per week, 38 weeks (term time only)
About Beanfield Primary School and the Mid-day Supervisor role
Are you looking for a rewarding role working with children, working Monday to Friday during term time and during school hours?
We require someone to lead our team of Mid-day Assistants on daily routines and work alongside department leaders to ensure the smooth running of our lunchtime period.
Beanfield Primary provides an inclusive education for nursery children; up to age 11 years and for children with Special Educational Needs. The Mid-Day Supervisor will be required to work in all school areas.
This is a vital role in the middle of our school day, the main duties and responsibilities are;
- Support department leads with line management responsibilities for the lunch team including;
- Ensure the lunch schedule is adhered to lead on the improvement of efficiencies.
- Provide training to new Mid-day Assistants and provide development opportunities for the team.
- Manage cover arrangement such as staff absence and special occasions such as Christmas Dinner.
- Manage the set up and clean down of lunch service within strict time constraints and adherence to Health & Safety regulations.
- Support the administrative/ IT function of lunch including allergens & menu selection.
- Supervise pupils in the dining area, classrooms and playground ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
- To monitor pupil behaviour, positively discouraging anti-social and poor behaviour.
- Assisting children at meal times, encouraging good table manners.
As a member of staff at Beanfield Primary, we can offer you the following:
- Enhanced salaries and rapid promotional prospects
- Opportunities for continued professional development and access to the BWT Teaching school
- The support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers and support staff who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations
- Freshly prepared Lunch provided for staff
- Access to the latest technology throughout the school
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Child care vouchers, CPC Drive New car scheme
- A range of staff social activities promoting the wellbeing of all staff
About Brooke Weston Trust
Our Trust was formed more than 25 years ago with a simple and clear mission – to transform educational performance in all of our communities. Working in some of the most challenging contexts, we improve our students’ achievements by making long term commitments to the community and championing new approaches to improve the life chances for young people.
Our members of staff are essential to realising this vision, and a happy, motivated and supported team will deliver the best possible experiences for our young people.
We place great emphasis on creating a supportive and collaborative working environment in all our schools, where all staff can share best practice through our colleague networks. Brooke Weston staff get access to first class professional development through our Ambition Hub, which is also home to the Northamptonshire Teaching School.
To find out more about working for our Trust and the benefits available to staff please check out the BWT Join Us Guide.
How to Apply
If you think you can contribute in this role and to our organisation we welcome your application!
To apply for the job straight away, please complete a copy of the application form included below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post your application to;
Miss Donna Martin, Beanfield Primary School, Farmstead Road, Corby, Northamptonshire,NN18 0LJ
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts require proof of identity and as the role is working with children and young people this will also be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
A copy of the Trust Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here - Safeguarding and Child Protection
The Trusts position on the recruitment of Ex-Offenders can be found under section 7 of the Trust SCR, Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy - Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy
Closing date; 30th June 2022
Interview date: W/C 4th July 2022
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.