Mid-day Assistant x2
Job Title: Mid-day Assistant
Location: Beanfield Primary School
Salary: BWT Grade 1, point 1. FTE salary- £17,750, pro rata- £2,007
Hours per week / Weeks per year: 5 hours per week, 38 weeks (term time only)
About Beanfield Primary School and the Mid-day Assistant role
Are you looking for a rewarding role working with children, working Monday to Friday during term time and during school hours?
We require someone to ensure the security and care of our pupils and to promote their social development during the lunchtime period.
Beanfield Primary provides an inclusive education for nursery children; up to age 11 years and for children with Special Educational Needs. Mid-Day Assistant’s may be required to work in all school areas.
This is a vital role in the middle of our school day, the main duties and responsibilities are;
- To supervise pupils in the dining area, classrooms and playground ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
- To monitor pupil behaviour, positively discouraging anti-social and poor behaviour.
- To deal with minor injuries, providing emotional support and liaising with first aiders and management as appropriate.
- Assisting children at meal times, encouraging good table manners.
- Setting up the dining area, cleaning, clearing, sweeping and putting away.
As a member of staff at Beanfield Primary, we can offer you the following:
- Enhanced salaries and rapid promotional prospects
- Opportunities for continued professional development and access to the BWT Teaching school
- The support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers and support staff who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations
- Freshly prepared Lunch provided for staff work more than 4 hours daily
- Access to the latest technology throughout the school
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Child care vouchers, CPC Drive New car scheme
- A range of staff social activities promoting the wellbeing of all staff
About Brooke Weston Trust
Our Trust was formed more than 25 years ago with a simple and clear mission – to transform educational performance in all of our communities. Working in some of the most challenging contexts, we improve our students’ achievements by making long term commitments to the community and championing new approaches to improve the life chances for young people.
Our members of staff are essential to realising this vision, and a happy, motivated and supported team will deliver the best possible experiences for our young people.
We place great emphasis on creating a supportive and collaborative working environment in all our schools, where all staff can share best practice through our colleague networks. Brooke Weston staff get access to first class professional development through our Ambition Hub, which is also home to the Northamptonshire Teaching School.
To find out more about working for our Trust and the benefits available to staff please check out the BWT Join Us Guide.
How to Apply
If you think you can contribute in this role and to our organisation we welcome your application!
To apply for the job straight away, please complete a copy of the application form included below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post your application to;
Miss Donna Martin
Beanfield Primary School
Closing date: Thursday 23rd September
Interview date: W/C 27th September
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check. For more information please read the BWT Safeguarding and Child Protection policy.